Tuesday 24 May 2016

Results!

Finally had the big old CT results yesterday. After waiting nearly 4 hours for a 5-minute window with wasn’t my consultant. This doctor I had never met before handed me a piece of paper full of medical jargon which seem a little unrelated to what I was originally told, it basically missed off my kidneys and was very vague. It also stated that my lungs had suddenly no spread of cancer in either of them after being told by separate doctor in Wythenshawe that they were riddled after going into A&E a while back.

They did have positive news about my liver function, saying it had reduced but still present.

To be honest, the 5 minutes with this consultant did go some what well but I felt a little confused afterwards. I felt let down by the details they told me and I’m probably going to go back for a second opinion or look into going private if I can’t.

I don’t want to confuse anyone with the news I put out, this cancer I will never be able to get rid off. It more of a matter of controlling it and making my life as comfortable as possible. I plan to go back to work eventually which is a positive.

Just taking each day as it comes for now though. If you’ve got question, I’m happy to answer but please don’t bombard me!


Just wanted to say a huge thank you to my family and friends recently, everyone has been super positive and massively helps, so again, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment